Wedding & Events Executive
Kildare, Full Time
WEDDING AND EVENTS EXECUTIVE
Must come from a 4* Deluxe or 5* Hotel with at least 2 Years Experience.
Please do not apply if you do not have the above experience.
General Purpose of Job:
- The management of conference and banqueting business from the enquiry stage through to conversion, including client liaison and function sheet preparation to guarantee client satisfaction.
- To effectively manage the events diary to achieve maximum potential revenue and meet budget.
- To increase the productivity of the conference and banqueting space by widening the client base including corporate clients direct or via third parties.
- To assist in the daily communication process within the sales office, to answer telephone calls and to conduct administration tasks such as mailings and the sending out of hotel brochures.
- To ensure a consistent flow of information within the office and amongst other departments within the hotel.
- To ensure that the strong client relationships established by the Sales & Marketing Director are maintained in their absence.
- To assist in the bedroom reservations department whenever the workload requires.
- To manage all event enquiries (including groups in public areas). This includes bookings, conversion of bookings through queries and site visits to producing function sheets and invoicing to ensure total client satisfaction.
- To achieve events revenue goals by developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies.
- To conduct showarounds of the hotel and client meetings to finalise details of events
- To co-ordinate all conference and banqueting collateral and menus through-out the year.
- To maintain an accurate database of all clients in the PMS system.
- To deal with any administrative task requested by the Sales & Marketing Director as and when required.
- To answer the telephone in accordance with the hotel’s set standards
- To produce statistics monthly and on an ad hoc basis like the monthly sales report, this includes event revenues and analysis.
- To research new companies for potential business opportunities by retrieving relevant information from the hotel’s property management system.
- To work closely with the Sales & Marketing Director to research new business from the local area and conduct site visits, external sales appointments and issue corporate rate agreements.
- To co-ordinate all mailings, via post or e-mail, from the creation of the database to any follow up required.
- To co-ordinate all promotions for special calendar events such as Valentine’s Day, Easter or Christmas through mailings, the Internet and other distribution channels.
- To attend any sales events, such as cocktail parties as and when required and to co-ordinate the organisation of any such events (i.e. Fam Trips)
- To research particular industry segments and regional market as requested for potential rooms and banqueting/restaurant business.
- To co-ordinate all prize vouchers issued from the hotel and maintain an accurate record of these vouchers including the responding to charity donation requests.
- To ensure that the sales office remains clean and tidy at all times and that the office is equipped with all relevant stationery and collateral supplies.
- To attend all relevant meetings.