Wicklow, Full Time
Sous Chef for 3* Hotel 36K – 40K to assist the Head Chef in the smooth running of the Kitchen ensuring that all areas of the Kitchen are maintained to the standards required. Together with the Head Chef, deal with queries concerning the Kitchen staff. To co-ordinate and execute training of Kitchen Staff. To be able to motivate staff. To maintain a safe, hygienic and healthy working environment. To cook any food on a daily basis according to business requirements for all food outlets.
- To assist the chef in the day to day running of the kitchen
- To maintain good employee relations.
- To write and check standard recipes for all dishes to ensure proper portion control, uniformity of taste and quality for approval of the Head Chef.
- To ensure that the high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen, such as machinery, small kitchen equipment, floors and fridges..
- To ensure the hotels HACCP system is being adhered to and that all staff are familiar with forms and procedures.
- To assist in planning rotas on a weekly basis and to review on a daily basis with the Head Chef, rotas, holiday requirements and absenteeism. Accidents and sickness to be reported as per company policy..
- Together with the Head Chef, establish job methods and supervise on a regular basis, and correct if necessary, cooking standards: to maintain a high quality of food and service on a daily basis
- To ensure that training for all kitchen staff, including apprentices is carried out as requested by the Head Chef and to coordinate together with the Head Chef, training sessions with Chef de Partie & Commis Chefs in the kitchen operation
The Ideal candidate:
- Ability to think clearly, quickly, maintain concentration and make concise decisions.
- Ability to communicate in English to the understanding of employees and guests.
- Knowledge of food safety handling.
- Ability to promote positive relations with all individuals.
- Ability to prioritise, organise and follow up.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to work well under pressure.