Kilkenny, Full Time
Please do not apply if you do not have at least 2 years experience in a similar role
The Manager has overall responsibility for overseeing the efficient operation and profitability of the restaurant business. The main goals are to deliver a high-quality food, consistent customer experience and creating this restaurant as a destination worth travelling for, through a motivated, energetic and customers focused team.
As Restaurant Manager your role is to provide leadership, direction and coaching on all aspects of the Restaurant operation. You will liaise with your teams daily to analyse performance – & strive to achieve agreed KPI’S, department objectives and delivering the core purpose of 5-star customer service through running incentives, touring the floor regularly, driving consistency and monitoring and initiating trends to improve the business.
Food & Drink
- Deliver a high-quality food and drink offering most suited to the Restaurant.
- Put in place procedures to deliver between 72% -75% margin by keeping wastage to a minimum.
- Operate a minimum wastage through cost conscious cooking, reusing of food and tight order management systems.
- Agree and put in place Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) in all areas of the business as set out by HR and Food Safety Ireland.
- Always on – weekly, YTD and quarterly reports on restaurants performance.
- Monitor stock – using the new procure Wizard system and oversee monthly stocktakes.
- Over see that clockwise payroll that it is correct and signed off weekly.
- Monitoring employee spend and hours used vs budgeted core hours set down.
- Monitor KPI’s weekly: Profit margin, ATV, IPT, Conversion and footfall and action under performing KPI’s.
- Cash flow and till management: Ensuring correct procedures are followed with the open/closing of tills, till drawer taking and safe counts. All errors and discrepancies are managed, investigated and corrected.
- Analysing monthly P & L accounts for the restaurant. Implementing a cost control strategy to improve the restaurants profitability.
- Put in place an effective recruitment, induction and training process for all team members.
- Conduct regular performance check-ins and annual reviews with team members.
- Motivate, coach and growing others on team performance/achievements. Ensuring to keep training and development plans alive using induction and training pack from HR.
- Empower your employees through personal projects, encouraging innovation and celebrating achievements.
- Create a culture of been open, genuine, and being honest approachable.
- Promote a positive work environment for all team members, while ensuring that all employment related processes and documentation comply with HR best practises.
- Develop and empower team members to exercise good judgment and to make decisions regarding service, product quality, and customer satisfaction by adhering to company standards.
- Communicate regular with the team to give them feedback on the previous week performance and plans for the week ahead.
- Collaborate with team to come up with innovations and how we can improve how we do things around here.
- The team are given the relevant trained in the agreed SOP from cleaning schedules, HACCP standards, opening and closing and cash handling (as per employee handbook)
- Implementing a retention strategy for both management and sales advisors.
- Being proactive as a Manager to nip things in the bud and providing the team with positive and constructive feedback.
- Deliver a consistent, courteous, friendly and genuine experience to every customer.
- Monitor customer experience through Mystery shops (87%+), trip advisor, customer feedback to management, ensuring appropriate action is taken to address missed opportunities.
- Proactively listen to customer questions or concerns and endeavour to turn every customer complaint into a positive learning opportunity.
- Create a welcoming and inviting atmosphere for customers always by endeavouring to go the extra mile.
- Ensure that the team performing all duties to a consistently high standard and maximize revenues in all areas and encourage up-selling.
- Deliver the purpose of providing a superior Customer experience for all our customers.
- Live our values which are derived from our purpose of been Genuine, Irish, People, Learning and Innovation
Quality Assurance Program – Consistently monitor, create and execute action plans where needed:
- Opening Procedures: Conducting a risk assessment of Kitchen and floor eg leaks/spillages
- Close down procedure checklist to be followed thoroughly by chefs and KP.
- Food delivers are documented and assesses regarding quality control checks, inventory management and fir for purpose produce.
- Order sheets match deliver documents with regard to quantity and pricing. Open food is then wrapped, labelled and rotated.
- HACCP operational standards are followed with regard to cleaning checklist and hygiene standards.
- Teams personal hygiene is of upmost importance with regard clean uniforms and grooming.
- Set the standards for the reporting of any incidents or accidents and ensure the correct procedure is always followed.
- Storage of chemicals and used cooked oil as per EHA standards.
- Maintenance of equipment and the structure of café floor and walls. (tiles broken on floor)
- Fire escapes clear – fire drills, once a year, documented and put in the folder.
- That the restaurant is up to date with all Health and Safety training eg Fire, Manual Handling, First Aid and Health & safety.
- Management of external parties to oversee infection control.
- Maintain the highest restaurant standards in, food quality, food presentation, counter presentation, restaurant seating area presentation.
- Be aware of security and health and safety standards across the across the restaurant in line with Haccp rules.
- Ensure that company uniform standards and employee grooming is adhered to.
- Ensure that prices and allergens are clear and well communicated to all customer and staff as per haccp guidelines.
- Completing daily communication meetings – celebrating the wins, setting daily expectations, discuss daily budgets, thus ensuring your teams are following through on actions.