Donegal, Full Time
Operations Manager Donegal
- Weekly reporting to the General Manager
- Forecasting of wages on a weekly basis in line with business needs
- Driving sales and maintaining a high level of standards throughout the store including all aspects of Hotel Departments Lobby / Restaurant / Accommodation / Food and Beverage / Leisure / Maintenance etc.
- Achieving targets with staff and management in order to achieve the optimum sales levels while ensuring that operational costs are kept as low as possible labour to Food and Beverage Suppliers
- Ensuring that the required staffing levels of the hotel are always met and to maintain operational standards
- Implementing company operating standards in relation to suppliers, Excellence Service, Hotel presentation & Customer service
- Responsible for carrying out regular stock takes of forecast KPI’s, GP’s, labour cost and revenue where possible losses could occur and work with the audit team to develop procedures to limit such losses.
- Advising the General Manager regarding issues or concerns in relation to the building and team.
- HR issues to be discussed with HR Manager with follow up information provided in writing or e-mail
- To ensure smooth running of all standards of service ,hygiene and customer contact as agreed with operations manager
- Report and follow up all maintenance issues with departments
- Ensure that departments comply and have in place all Fire, Health and Safety Measures necessary
- Ensure all department managers conduct staff training on a weekly basis and present to HR manager for filing
- Complete and sign off all rosters pertaining to relevant departments and ensure no over staffing or under staffing occurs as with agreed ratios, as required
- Ensure duty manager roster is completed weekly
- Ensure all service areas, menus and staff are ready to go 10 minutes prior to schedule
- Carry out random room checks and sign off on the Room Service checklist in conjunction with Accommodation Manger
- Carry out departmental audits on a monthly basis and revert to the relevant department manager on scoring and in turn update the General Manager
- Interact professionally with all guests complaints and implement corrective action, follow up complaint and ensure guest satisfaction in line with standard operational procedures.
- Constant monitoring and maintenance of all hygiene cleanliness issues .
- Communicating all F&B details with all staff in departments and discussing changes with relevant dept.’s /Sales, Kitchen ,Banqueting, F&B etc.
- Any other duties assigned by General Manager
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record in successful operational management of restaurant and bar service in a similar environment
- The ability to calmly lead their team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills with proficient spoken & written English
- Previous hotel experience and a strong background in Food & Beverage
Join Burren Amber