Dublin, Full Time
Hotel HR Manager
- Report for duty at the correct time as per rota, in the specified uniform, ensuring a high standard of appearance at all times.
- To represent The Property in a professional manner at all times.
- Understand how all departments operate and how each department can interact to ensure team spirit and a high level of guest satisfaction.
- To support the properties mission and vision.
- Perform any reasonable request from the GENERAL MANAGER or Exec Team.
- Be aware of health, safety and fire procedures, and assume responsibility for the safety of your work area.
- Recruitment: Attracts hires and retains a diverse non-management and management workforce capable of providing strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to the property. Utilizes selection and career planning processes that identify the best candidates for open positions in a cost effective and efficient manner to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Total Compensation: Markets, administers and maintains a total compensation structure for both non-management and management associates that balances the needs of the business with the ability to attract and retain the best talent and rewards great performance.
- Training and Development: Develops and administers the property training business plan to ensure the delivery of new hire orientation, service training, compliance and safety training and leadership development training to all associates.
- Associate Relations: Develops and administers policies and procedures to ensure associates are treated fairly and equitably. Builds and embeds a culture that embraces the brand service strategy and supports the present day business environment.
- Human Resources Department: Hires, develops and retains a diverse workforce to provide strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to the discipline and deliver excellent Human Resource services. Creates and sustains a work environment that embraces the properties culture and focuses on fair and equitable treatment and associate satisfaction to enable business results.
- Owner Relations: Develops a trusting and respectful business partnership with property ownership by meeting or exceeding.
- Ensures associate files contain required paperwork (e.g., employment application, reference checks, Information Protection Agreement, job description, etc.), are properly maintained and secured and meet data protection, and other legal requirements.
- Ensures terminated associate files are retained for the required length of time.
- Establishes procedure for accessing, reviewing and auditing associate files and ensures compliance with Data Protection legislation.
- Develops and maintains property job specifications/descriptions.
- Ensures proper documentation of all progressive disciplinary action is kept in associate file.
- Ensures performance evaluations and merit increase paperwork are maintained in associate files.
- Ensures all regulatory information is posted as required by local law.
- Hires Human Resources non-management and management team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Ensures new hires participate in the department’s orientation program and receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job. Ensures team members are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
- Creates appropriate development plans and develops team members based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations and abilities.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent guest service. Establishes guidelines so associates understand expectations and parameters. Ensures associates receive on-going training to understand hotel associate expectations.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with Heads of Departments.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication takes place in human resources to communicate expectations and create awareness of business objectives.
- Utilises associate feedback and an “open door” policy to identify and address associate problems or concerns in a timely manner. Ensures associates are treated fairly and equitably; brings issues to the attention of the GENERAL MANAGER as necessary.
- Ensures the properties policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognises the contributions of team members.
- Ensures departmental participation in community service events to build teamwork and enhance community relationships.
- Uses the orientation programme as a foundation for developing a creative and educational new hire orientation programme. Educates new hires regarding the Resort including its, business priorities, target customer and competitive set, the product and service strategy. Generates a positive first impression for associates; ensures attendance by all new hires and participation of the leadership team.
- Equips managers with the necessary tools and resources to deliver associate job skills and service training. Ensures departmental orientation process is in place and associates receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Ensures all managers have a current Career Plan and that there is a Talent and Development and Succession Plan (TDAPS) in place for all management positions.
- Observes service behaviours of associates and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers; continuously focuses on improving guest service.
- Supports executive committee and department heads in identifying areas of service improvement. Partners with managers to develop corrective action plans.
- Ensures development plans are in place in accordance with the performance appraisal process, goals are documented and progress towards goal achievement is measured.
- Ensures effective associate communication channels are established and active in the property e.g., daily stand–up meetings, monthly departmental meetings, regularly scheduled Resort Wide meetings, bulletin boards.
- Communicates the properties rules and regulations, the progressive discipline policy, the Guarantee of Fair Treatment during orientation and via associate notice boards, other internal communication channels and Associate Handbook.
- Ensures progressive discipline training is provided to management staff and policy is consistently followed. Ensures proper documentation is maintained on all disciplinary issues.
- Is highly visible and interfaces with associates on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of Human Resources services levels and overall satisfaction; effectively responds to and resolves associate problems and complaints.
- Leads management team in identifying key drivers of associate satisfaction and assists the team in addressing issues with written plans and actions. Monitors and communicates progress against the plans to both management and hourly associates.
- Facilitates a property’s approach to managing the workforce during extended slow periods or economic downturns; i.e., works with leadership team to determine workforce reductions, decrease in hours, cross utilisation of staff or other alternatives to meet the financial needs of the business.
- Develops and administers recognition programs for non-management and management associates (including the length of service program); modifies existing programs or introduces new concepts on a regular basis to maintain associate interest and involvement.
- Creates and sustains a work environment that embraces the properties culture, ensures fair and equitable treatment, and associate satisfaction to enable business success.
The HR Manager will also:
Observe and adhere to the companies’ policies and procedures, undergoing relevant training and development to fulfil the requirements of the property and the post.
This job description is designed to highlight the key areas of work. Annual objectives will be agreed.
The duties & responsibilities listed above are not intended to be exhaustive, but are set out to indicate the main areas of activity currently expected by The Human Resources Manager. You will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to the needs of the business.
This job description is an outline of the role & function; it is not intended to be specific for all tasks.