Hotel Sales Manager
Dublin, Full Time
MICE Sales Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sales Manager to join the team at a 5* property. Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing, this role will proactively work to drive meetings and events business from Irish corporate accounts and conference agents. The successful applicant will take complete ownership of this market and grow the business along and build strong relationships to increase and convert new and existing business.
Key responsibilities include:
- To assist with the development and implementation of the domestic MICE sales strategy and activity plan, to ensure MICE revenues and business group room sales goals are achieved.
- Create and implement annual and tactical proactive sales plans and monitor results.
- Responsible for the identification, proactive targeting, and conversion of new meetings and events business from the domestic Irish corporate, conference agents, institutions, and associations sectors.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key industry partners, conference agents and DMC partners to achieve targeted MICE sales.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and monitoring of the annual MICE sales plan.
- Networking: To be an ambassador for the Hotel and to immerse yourself and attend all appropriate evening events, seminars, breakfast meetings, etc. in the Dublin business community. To nurture and develop business relationships with the key players and influencers in the area.
- Lead generation: to identify appropriate leads and action directly.
- Telesales: proactive telesales and targeting of all domestic Irish lapsed and past MICE clients.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years previous experience in a similar sales role in a four or five star hotel. In addition, candidates will be/have:
- Full clean driver’s license and own transport
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Standards-driven and customer-focused
- Self-motivated with strong leadership skills
- Experience of setting annual sales budgets