Hotel Head Chef
Dublin, Full Time
**We are recruiting for a 4* Hotel Head Chef** Dublin South
Reporting direct to the Executive Head Chef
Responsible for All Food Production Employees
Liase with the Food & Beverage Manager
Head Chef role will intale:
To be accountable for all Food Production areas of the hotel, working with the kitchen team to ensure that menus and food are prepared and presented to the agreed highest standards. To ensure that employees are developed in a structured manner; the customers are offered the highest quality standards and value for money; and achievement of the budget.
1. To establish and implement standards of performance within the food production areas of the hotel, ensuring all services offered are of the highest quality and all employees are trained in the delivery of same.
2. To draw up and review menus for all food service areas on an ongoing basis, ensuring that the standard consistently meets the expectation of the customers.
3. To bring the Food Offering to a standard that would achieve an award status for the Hotel Restaurant.
4. To be aware of, and stay up to date with trends in the food industry and being aware of guest needs, wants and expectations at all times
5. With your team, to prepare, cook and present food to a consistently high standard for all food service areas of the hotel.
6. To achieve agreed catering budget for the hotel, ensuring that cost of sales is achieved and expenditure controlled at all levels and setting up purchasing specifications as and when required.
7. To achieve agreed food GP for the hotel as set down by the General Manager
8. To work alongside the Director of Sales & Marketing and Sales Managers ensuring our product offering reflects market demands and our pricing structure is in line with the overall sales strategy
9. To be accountable for HACCP in all Food Production areas of the hotel, working with the kitchen team to ensure that the HACCP plan and guidelines are followed at all times.
10. To be responsible for stock taking in all areas, and to input accurate and precise data into the Materials Control system
11. To carry out effective recruitment of employees within your department, ensuring the right people with the right skills, are in the right place at the right time, controlling labour costs to budget.
12. To take responsibility for the training and development of all Kitchen Staff, ensuring their knowledge and skills are appropriate to their role
13. To be accountable for purchasing for the kitchen, ensuring we source the best value and best quality products available
14. To attend Hotel Meetings as required, ensuring effective communication at all levels.
15. To create an environment which promotes employee morale and encourages the Team to have pride and commitment in their area of work.
16. To accept ownership, and control of departmental budgets and costs, working with the Human Resources Manager in developing the departmental employees to assume same.
17. To appraise and/or assess all employees within the food production areas, on a regular basis.
18. Working with the Human Resources Manager to develop and implement effective training plans for the Department, based on training need identified.
19. To play an active role in the local community, developing the Public Relations of the Hotel.
20. To ensure that all hygiene regulations are adhered to at all times and all food production areas are maintained at a consistently high level of cleanliness.
21. To ensure that all members of your team are trained in, and understand, all hygiene procedures conversant with legislation and the regulations.
22. To comply with statutory and legal requirements for Health & Safety, Fire, Hygiene, Licensing and Employment, ensuring that members of the Team are trained and aware of these requirements.
BURAMB22 HOTEL HEAD CHEF