Dublin, Full Time
We are currently recruiting for a General Manager to open and lead what will be one of the largest hotels in the City Centre. Reporting to the Group General Manager, and working closely with the Revenue Management Team, this role will be both challenging and rewarding and are looking for candidates that are driven and have previous pre-opening experience. This will be a great opportunity to join a group and lead the team in a new exciting operation.
- Work in conjunction with the Group General Manager to develop a strategic business plan for the hotel.
- Lead, direct, and manage all property operations.
- Maintain regular presence throughout the property, in what will be a high volume rooms business and a fast paced food & beverage operation.
- Create the hotel annual operating budget and capex plan in conjunction with the Group General Manager.
- Prepare plans and strategies to ensure the maximization of property performance.
- This person must create an exceptional climate of professional and personable service that creates memories by anticipating needs and exceeding guest expectations.
- Engage with and develop tools for monitoring guest experience, and benchmarking service levels against the competitive set
- Monitor actual sales, revenues, and expenses to determine variance and assess goal accomplishments, and adjust strategies and forecasts accordingly.
- To ensure financial results are achieved and where sales are difficult to achieve to ensure all costs are controlled.
- Ensure all policies, procedures and statutory requirements are adhere to.
- Direct and motivate the team ensuring optimal performance while promoting a positive work culture
- Drive creativity and exceptional guest experiences across the ground floor food & beverage outlets
- To ensure a successful opening and preopening of the hotel.
- To work in conjunction with the Central Revenue Management, Sales and Finance functions to drive hotel incomes, develop local sales opportunities and maximise hotel profitability
- At least 3 years experience in a Senior Management Role (General Manager or Deputy General Manager) with both rooms and food and beverage experience
- Large property experience advantageous
- Degree/diploma in hotel management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides knowledge, skills, and ability sufficient to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- Excellent leadership and motivation capability
- Experience in property openings would be highly desirable