General Hotel Manager
Galway, Full Time
General Hotel Manager
We are currently recruiting for a General Manager for our client. We are looking for a driven manager that has experience in all aspects, from room revenue, sales, food & beverage etc.
- Driving sales and maintaining a high level of standards throughout all aspects of Hotel Departments Lobby / Restaurant / Accommodation / Food and Beverage / Maintenance etc.
- Achieving targets with staff and management in order to achieve the optimum sales levels while ensuring that operational costs are kept as low as possible labour to Food and Beverage Suppliers
- Ensuring that the required staffing levels of the hotel are always met and to maintain operational standards
- Implementing company operating standards in relation to suppliers, Excellence Service, Hotel presentation & Customer service
- Responsible for carrying out regular stock takes of forecast KPI’s, GP’s, labour cost and revenue where possible losses could occur and work with the audit team to develop procedures to limit such losses.
- HR issues to be discussed with HR Manager with follow up information provided in writing or e-mail
- To ensure smooth running of all standards of service ,hygiene and customer contact as agreed with operations manager
- Ensure that departments comply and have in place all Fire, Health and Safety Measures necessary
- Ensure all heads of department conduct staff training on a weekly basis.
- Complete and sign off all rosters pertaining to relevant departments and ensure no over staffing or under staffing occurs as with agreed ratios, as required
- Carry out departmental audits on a monthly basis and revert to the relevant department manager.
- Interact professionally with all guests complaints and implement corrective action, follow up complaint and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Communicating all F&B details with all staff in departments and discussing changes with relevant departments.
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to calmly lead their team and property
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with proficient spoken & written English
- Previous hotel experience and a strong background in Rooms, Revenue, Food & Beverage, forecasting and budgets in an Irish property.