Deputy General Manager
West Dublin, Full Time
Deputy General Manager ** Must have current Irish hospitality experience**
To assess, evaluate and ensure that both the short and long term operational goals of the property are met. You will direct and manage all of the estates operational outlets ensuring service quality, revenue and profitability is maximised alongside the Group team supports. All work will be in line with the hotel’s guidelines, business plan and Company Mission and People Values.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES of the Deputy General Manager
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the property ensuring it delivers a high-end product and service standard at all times.
- Oversee daily operations of all business unit’s ensuring management presence at all times.
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for each of the outlets Head of Department (HOD).
- Ensure the overall delivery and quality of each outlet’s offerings to customers.
- Effective communication with management including chairing weekly operations and function meetings along with a bi-weekly head of department meeting
- Interacting with guests and obtaining guest feedback directly and managing online reviews alongside the Front of House Operations Manager and Marketing teams.
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities.
- Ensure accommodation standards are maintained to an excellent standard.
- Maintaining each outlet in the estate to a high standard and ensure a routine maintenance programme is implemented and maintained.
- Collect and maintain an active working knowledge on the key business metrics.
- Deliver and drive the company’s strategy.
- Report key results to the Owners and Group Head Office.
- Engage with Head Office in broader organizational strategic planning.
- Conduct weekly revenue and payroll forecasts with the Senior Management team alongside Finance.
- Brief HOD’s on the weekly financial results and explore areas for improvement.
- Ensure payroll and expenses are kept within budget. Reviewing department efficiencies.
Sales & Marketing
- Facilitate monthly meetings with the Sales and Marketing teams for each area of the business.
- Meet clients as required and represent the hotel at business events as required.