Chef De Partie
South West Dublin, Full Time
Burren Amber Executive Recruiters are currently looking to recruit a Chef de Partie on behalf of our client who will be responsible for ensuring that food preparation and food production is carried out to the highest standard and in accordance with Food Hygiene Regulations. The role will involve assisting the Head Chef ensuring the delivery of the highest standards at all times.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To prepare and cook dishes to the highest standard in the relevant section.
- To keep food wastage to a minimum.
- To train junior staff on recipes, presentation skills and cooking skills.
- To maintain the highest level of hygiene standards and safe working practices, maintaining HACCP standards and record keeping throughout the kitchen and all food and beverage areas and storage areas.
- To wear all safety clothing provided and to use all safety equipment provided.
- To wear full uniform, ensuring that it is worn to the standard as specified in the game plan manual and to ensure that junior chefs wear their uniform to this same standard.
- To assist in other areas when required.
- To ensure that all fridges are cleaned and tidied on a daily basis.
- To ensure that all food items are covered and date stamped.
- To pass over any relevant information to the sous chef on duty and to the person on the next shift before you have left.
- To ensure that all mise en place stock levels are kept.
- To control the amount of cleaning material used in the kitchen.
- To ensure that kitchen is clean and tidy at all times.
- To report all accidents to the duty manager.
- To attend training sessions and meetings as required.
- To carry out any other reasonable request from a member of the management team.
Requirements for the role:
- The ideal candidate should have experience of 2/3 years
- Valid work permit
- Be flexible
- Work well as part of a team
- Have a passion for cooking
- Excellent Hygiene and HACCP experience