Chef de Partie
Leitrim, Full Time
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To prepare and cook dishes to the highest standard in the relevant section.
- To liase with senior chefs on a daily basis with regard to ordering and to be familiar with prices and suppliers.
- To keep food wastage to a minimum.
- To train junior staff on recipes, presentation skills and cooking skills.
- To make a contribution to new menus with ideas, assisting in cook-offs, writing out of recipes and the costing of new menus in all outlets of the hotel.
- To maintain the highest level of hygiene standards and safe working practices, maintaining HACCP standards and record keeping throughout the kitchen and all food and beverage areas and storage areas.
- To monitor the maintenance of equipment and report unsafe and broken equipment.
- To reflect and enhance the hotel’s mission statement and objectives in all activities.
- To be familiar with and adhere to all areas outlined in the employee handbook.
- To wear all safety clothing provided and to use all safety equipment provided.
- To wear full uniform, ensuring that it is worn to the standard as specified in the game plan manual and to ensure that junior chefs wear their uniform to this same standard.
- To minimise wastage and breakage in all outlets.
- To assist in other areas when required.
- To have full knowledge of all menus in other hotel outlets.
- To ensure that all fridges are cleaned and tidied on a daily basis.
- To ensure that all food items are covered and date stamped.
- To ensure that all fridges and kitchen areas are locked at the end of a shift.
- To pass over any relevant information to the sous chef on duty and to the person on the next shift before you have left.
- To ensure that all mise en place stock levels are kept.
- To be fully aware of Fire and Safety systems in the kitchen and follow through with fire plan
- To control the amount of cleaning material used in the kitchen.
- To ensure that fire doors, corridors and stairwells are free from obstruction.
- To report punctually on duty wearing the correct uniform.
- To ensure that kitchen is clean and tidy at all times.
- To report all accidents to the duty manager.
- To attend training sessions and meetings as required.
- To carry out any other reasonable request from a member of the management team.
Requirements for the role:
- Valid work permit
- Work well as part of a team
- Excellent Hygiene and Haccp experience
Join Burren Amber