Chef de Partie
Wexford, Full Time
To assist the Head Chef and Sous Chef in all Food Production areas of the hotel,
working with the kitchen team to ensure that menus and food are presented to the
highest possible standards.
- With your Kitchen team, to prepare, cook and present food to a consistently high standard for all food service areas of the hotel.
- To increase on the basic knowledge learnt as a commis Chef.
- To attend any meetings and training sessions when required to by the Head Chef or Management.
- To work in accordance with the weekly staff roster issued by the Head Chef and to notify the duty kitchen/Head Chef of any illness by 10pm the evening previous to the start of the shift.
- To ensure that wastage is kept to a minimum at all times.
- To ensure that you present to work wearing the relevant uniform and to the highest possible standards of personal hygiene and appearance. No jewellery. Hats must be worn at all times.
- To encourage an environment which promotes employee morale and encourages the Team to have pride and commitment in their area of work.
- in the absence of more senior Chef’s to take control of the Kitchen.
- To always operate in a clean, hygienic manner, keeping surrounding work areas as clean as possible at all times and conforming to company hygiene regulations appertaining to the position ensuring that all areas are washed down at the end of your shift.
- To ensure that Staff Food is kept to a high standard and is monitored during shifts and checked before the end of shift.
- To ensure that all hygiene regulations are adhered to at all times in all areas of the hotel particularly the food production areas.
- To comply with all statutory and legal requirements and Health & Safety, Fire, Hygiene, licensing and Employment, ensuring that you are fully aware and practice the Hotels policies and procedures in these important areas.
- To maintain at all times a good working relationship with your fellow workers and Management.
- To be flexible with regard to working hours in order to handle any unexpected requirements
- To operate machines and cooking equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- To train staff in your department as required
- To work as part of the Team, being aware of your colleagues and their needs and to be flexible at all times.
- To have pride and commitment in your area of work
- To comply with all company policies and procedures
- To ensure high standards of personal hygiene
- To run Stock Checks