Dublin, Full Time
We are actively recruiting for a Conference & Banqueting Manager
We are looking for a self motivated, passionate manager with proven bars experience at management level, with the ability to develop and lead the C&B Team.
To manage the conference and banqueting department whilst controlling costs and maintaining agreed standards of performance and to ensure the C&B Team meet the consistent requirements dictated by business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To lead by example through a “hands on” approach to motivate your team members to excel.
- To effectively manage all food and beverage service in the conference and banqueting department to the agreed standard.
- To carry out skills training for all team members to ensure a consistent level of service, standards and skills are maintained.
- To ensure that all new starters receive a departmental induction.
- To attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- To prepare effective rosters and forecasts and to ensure ample cover for the level of business and to incorporate the fair rotation of time/weekends off for all team members.
- To ensure that all conference and banqueting areas are cleaned on a daily basis and are maintained in a hygienic manner.
- To maintain crockery, cutlery and linen stocks to par stock level and ensure all measures are implemented to control breakages/loss.
- To identify training requirements for team members and develop appropriate actions to meet these.
- To carry out on going work performance assessments with team members and follow the annual appraisal process as per the hotel policy.
- To deal with complaints/queries in an attentive and courteous manner and inform the Manager on Duty of action taken and any follow up required.
- To carry out pre-service briefings of the menu, type of reservations, VIP’s etc.
- To be responsible for wine stocks and ensure agreed control procedures are maintained.
- To promote in-house sales i.e. Restaurant, Bar, Room Service, Lobby, etc.
- To maintain a presence in the room during service regardless of numbers of customers.
- To check frequently that guests are content with meal and ensure that all guests receive polite and courteous attention.
- To ensure that tables are always free of unnecessary crockery, cutlery, glassware, sauces etc.
- To ensure that all food leaving the kitchen is of agreed standard.
- To ensure that all guests are billed correctly and thanked for their business.
- To ensure that cash handling procedures are followed at all times.
- To ensure that good interdepartmental cooperation and communication is encouraged and maintained.
- To carry out a departmental meeting once per month as per hotel SOP.
- To comply with hotel regulations regarding:
- Health & Safety
- Customer Care
- To maintain the standard of uniform and personal hygiene as set out in the hotel standards of appearance policy.
- To take on additional projects from outside the remit of Food & Beverage as required from time to time.
- Carry out Manager on Duty shifts as required by business demands.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Join Burren Amber