Kilkenny, Full Time
We are currently looking to recruit a Bar Manager, This is a Full time position – reporting to Operations Manager/General Manager The successful candidate will be responsible for offering a high standard of service in all bar areas within the hotel, anticipating customer needs and being attentive at all times. The successful candidate needs to have both midweek and weekend availability.
- Ensure that there is sufficient staffing levels in line with budgetary levels, complete weekly wages upload and manage bars time point
- Ensure that the Department operates in a guest focused manner; always striving to exceed guest expectations thereby building customer and brand loyalty.
- Ensure the effective yield management of the Bar Departments to achieve the highest possible department revenue by instilling an ethos of guest sales focus within the members of your team.
- Keep up to date with industry trends, developments and changes in legislation which may impact on the Bars.
- Manage team to a high standard in line with hotels H.R policies ensure the bar staff have correct uniform and grooming standards when on duty
- Take a pro-active part in the overall operation of the hotel by contributing to management meetings.
- Effectively manage beverage cost lines with an active involvement in purchasing, sales revenue analysis, stock control and stock takes.
- Share in the Duty Management responsibility of the hotel operation.
- Report daily operating issues to the Food and Beverage manager, Operations Manager or General Manager depending on Departmental cover.
- Will work alongside senior management to ensure smooth running of day to day business
- Ensure all standards are adhered to
- Will be bubbly and enthusiastic
- Previous experience desirable
- Available to work weekday and the weekends
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Have a positive attitude with a great work ethic and a can do attitude
Purpose of the role: To organise all of the Bar and food service in line with 4 star requirements providing a high level of guest care.
Staff Management Organisational Skiils Customer Focus Excellent communication skills Staff Development