5* Hotel Bar Manager
Dublin, Full Time
Exciting new role just in..
We are currently recruiting a Bar Manager for a 5* Property.
- Management of the bar and lounge operation and team on a daily basis
- Work closely with the Kitchen and the Head Chef to ensure timing, quality and food service standards are delivered
- Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximise the financial performance in areas of direct responsibility
- Determines training needs to accomplish goals and implements plan
- Works with the food and beverage and kitchen management team to successfully execute all bar and lounge operations
- Maintains a management presence on the floor at all times to ensure guest satisfaction and recognition
- Promotes a helpful and professional image to the guest, and gives full co-operation to any guest requiring assistance, with a prompt caring and helpful attitude
- Creates an environment which encourages good teamwork and morale among the food & beverage team and to have pride and commitment in their work
- Understands beverage control including days on hand, perpetual inventory, bar pars, portion control, costs controls, beverage potentials, mix of sales analysis for beverage, issue & returns, food standards, and period end inventory
- Responsible for labour costs of all team members; therefore, supervises the effective scheduling of team members and reviews schedules in terms of coverage and adherence to budget guidelines.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Food and Beverage “front of the house” management experience with demonstrated leadership skills
- Proven ability to lead bar and lounge operations with a track record of delivering financial results, guest satisfaction, staff retention and employee engagement
- Proven track record of beverage stock management and the ability to deliver budgeted cost percentages
- Proven track record of payroll management and the ability to achieve required payroll targets
- Knowledge of organisational brand standards and track record of achieving relevant targets.
- Previous experience as an assistant Manager incorporating both food and beverage operations
- Demonstrates the passion in keeping abreast of current trends in Food and Beverage
- Previous experience within the 5 star market is a distinct advantage.