Portlaoise, Full Time
Full job description
Burren Amber Executive Recruiters are now recruiting for an experienced Banqueting Chef on behalf of our client. This is a luxury 4-star hotel, the ideal candidate must have previous experience in a similar role with the ability to deliver an exceptionally high level of guest service in a confident and professional manner.
- To be responsible for maintaining a comprehensive hygiene program to ensure all kitchen colleagues observe a proper system of Hygiene, food preparation and storage.
- To provide menus of the highest standards with the use of approved ingredients in a cost effective manner.
- To assist with the overall running of the Kitchen with primary responsibility for banqueting.
- Produce high quality, high volume meals with excellent presentation
- Creative and ambitious with scope for innovation & growth in this department
- Manage & control costs associated with food production and waste
- Produce high quality food in high volumes while maintaining high standards
- Following all Health &Safety and HACCP protocols in the kitchen
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Excellent leadership & communication skills
- Attention to detail & commitment to quality
- A passion for creating & innovative dishes
- Ability to work well under pressure & thrives in a busy kitchen
- Ability to work on your own initiative but also work collaboratively within our busy production kitchen
- Flexible around working hours