Senior Sous Chef
Wexford, Full Time
To assist the Head Chef in all Food Production areas of the hotel, working with the kitchen team to ensure that menus and food are presented to the highest possible standards. That team members are developed in a structured manner; to ensure they are managed and well informed at all times. Ensure the customer is offered the highest quality standards and value for money; and the achievement of the budgets for both food cost and wages.
- To deputies in the absence of the Head Chef, ensuring that standards of performance within the food production areas of the hotel operate of the highest 4* standards of quality and all employees are trained in the delivery of same.
- To supervise all kitchen staff in all areas of the hotel.
- With your team, to prepare, cook and present food to a consistently high standard for all food service areas of the hotel.
- To assist the Head Chef in maintaining agreed catering budget for the hotel, ensuring that cost of sales is achieved and expenditure controlled at all levels and setting up purchasing specifications as and when required.
- To assist the Head Chef in controlling labour costs to budget.
- In the Chefs absence, to attend Management Meetings as required, ensuring effective communication at all levels.
- To encourage an environment which promotes employee morale and encourages the Team to have pride and commitment in their area of work.
- To accept ownership, and control of department budgets and costs, working with Chef in developing the departmental employees to assume in same.
- Working with the Chef to develop and implement effective training plans for the department, based on training needs identified.
- To ensure that all hygiene regulations are adhered to at all times in all areas of the hotel particularly the food production areas.
- To comply with all statutory and legal requirements and Health & Safety, Fire, Hygiene, licensing and Employment, ensuring that members of the Tea, are trained and aware of these requirements.
- To maintain at all times a good working relationship with your fellow workers and Management.
- To be flexible with regard to working hours in order to handle any unexpected requirements.