Munster, Full Time
We are currently recruiting for a Managing Director / CEO for a Munster based food manufacturing business, operating in the confectionary segment to lead and oversee all business operations and will be responsible for the overall success of the business. The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader and be able to lead the company to the most profitable direction while also implementing the vision, mission and long term goals. We are looking for candidates that have extensive work experience as a MD/CEO in the food industry and should have excellent communication, decision-making, problem-solving, management and leadership skills.
- Develop and execute the company’s business plans/strategies in order to attain the long term goals of the company.
- Provide strategic advice to the company so that they will have accurate view of the market and the company’s future
- Develop and expand the company’s sales channel
- Oversee the company’s financial performance and drive revenue growth and profitability
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated
- Maintain and develop best practice management and governance protocols.
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of executives providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
- Follow up on all submitted reports by managers to reward performance, prevent issues and resolve problems
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions
- Proven experience as Managing Director/CEO in the Food industry or similar senior position
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Experience in negotiating and securing sales and supplier contracts
- Experience working with various public & private stakeholders in the Food sector
- A passion for excellence while maintaining impeccable standards of integrity
- Self-starter attitude; highly collaborative, hands on and drive to achieve
- Previous experience of reporting to Shareholders/Board
- Strong understanding of finance and measures of performance
- Familiarity with corporate law and management best practices
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills