Monaghan, Full Time
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Manager. This person will be responsible for the safe and efficient daily maintenance operation of the property and direct the team in all maintenance issues.
- Rectify any maintenance issues within the hotel on a daily basis
- Work with outside contractors to ensure all maintenance issues are completed
- Ensure an efficient planned prevention maintenance system is in place for all key equipment
- To monitor and control costs in all areas, energy-saving etc.
- Ensure all items on maintenance list are actioned as soon as possible
- Carry out regular inspections to identify maintenance requirements
- Ensure all maintenance contracts are up to date and to ensure servicing of equipment
- Prepare and submit the maintenance section of the annual hotel budget
- Supervise work on site for maintenance projects that have been contracted out
- Ensure all health, safety and fire regulations are adhered to
- Attend daily, weekly operation meetings and any other meetings as required
- Update the maintenance SOP manual
- Ensure all guests maintenance issues are handled urgently in line with agreed procedures
- Ensure all safety systems are maintained and checked regularly
- Monitor all purchasing in maintenance in line with the purchasing policy of the property
- Ensure the team is fully aware of the hotel’s hygiene, security, emergency, fire, health and safety procedures
- Comply with water testing regulations & ensure that all weekly, monthly checks are carried out as required.
- Carry out all aspects of the maintenance position – painting, carpentry, pluming etc.
- To assist in all areas of the property as required
- At least 2 years’ experience at Maintenance Manager level preferably in a 4/5 star hotel
- High attention to detail and standard focused
- Ability to prioritize and work on several projects simultaneously
- Excellent people skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good command of software applications, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and hotel-specific platforms (MICROS and Opera)