Maintenance Assistant Manager
West Dublin, Full Time
Burren Amber Executive Recruiters are recruiting for a Maintenance Assistant Manager for a Hotel property. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the property is safe and functional for our guests and team members.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will be professional, enthusiastic and trustworthy. You will demonstrate excellent team leading abilities as well as the initiative required to multi-task in this busy environment. The ideal candidate will have a Senior Trade’s Certificate or equivalent, with previous experience in electrical/plumbing or plant maintenance in a demanding and high-performance field
Duties will include:
- Inspect hotel regularly to ensure it meets safety standards
- Arrange for routine maintenance in hotel rooms, public areas and facilities
- Liaise and maintain good working relations with all departments by responding promptly and effectively to problems and building service breakdowns.
- Source suppliers, negotiate prices, renegotiate annual contracts for all hotel and kitchen equipment, including all health and safety items.
- To supervise and provide general maintenance within the hotel and its grounds
- To notify the General Manager should a maintenance problem require further attention
- Ensure that a safe and secure environment for customers, staff and visitors is maintained.
- Ensuring that all customer queries and complaints are dealt with in a professional and efficient manner
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years’ previous experience in a hotel’s maintenance department.
- Previous experience of working in a standards-driven environment.
- A creative and solutions-focused approach when problem-solving.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills. The ability to use business English verbally and through email correspondence is essential.
- Skill in the use of related tools (including hand & electrical tools) is beneficial
- Permission to work without restrictions in Republic of Ireland