Hotel Reception Manager
Kildare, Full Time
HOTEL RECEPTION MANAGER
Coming from a 4* Deluxe or 5* Property with at least 2 years experience.
Please do not apply if you do not have the above experience.
General purpose of job:
The Hotel Reception Manger’s role is a key position within the Hotel team and is responsible for checking our guests in and out of the hotel, providing information about hotel services and the general area, facilitating communication about our guests between departments, posting charges to rooms, and managing the room status of the hotel. Management of all hotel bedroom reservations is also the reception managers responsibility. As a 5* property we strive to provide the friendliest service with great knowledge.
- To arrive for work on time dressed in full clean uniform, well groomed and presenting a professional appearance to our guests.
- To greet, welcome and register all guests who are to stay in hotel.
- To process guests / function accounts and present them for payment on departure.
- To accept telephone enquiries and transfer calls/messages from switchboard to the requested destination.
- To process reservations and confirmations and respond to guests quickly.
- Dealing with any guest requests/queries in a polite and attentive manner and reporting any problems to the Duty Manager.
- Administration of Cookery School Schedules & Customer Management.
- The sensible allocation of rooms to customers having viewed all relevant guest requests.
- Maximising all sales opportunities at desk.
- To handle general enquiries and questions regarding the hotel and services available locally.
- To follow impeccably and exactly all procedures related to cash handling and processing charges to guest’s accounts.
- To prepare daily lodgement for accounts.
- To record all maintenance required without delay.
- To remain fully aware of conference and banqueting arrangements during duty shift and effectively hand-over details to colleagues on later shifts.
- To prepare departure lists for accommodation department and liaise effectively with them on the readiness of rooms for sale.
- Ensure that guest privacy and security is adhered to at all times.
- To maintain regular and effective communication within your team and other managers.
- To ensure the lobby area is clean and presentable at all times
- To actively participate in any training and personnel exercises designed to improve standards and performance levels.
- Ensure all duties are carried our according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- To complete administration duties as requested by Sales or Duty Manager
- To assist in managing restaurant bookings with Operations team
- To load promotional rates and offers to Net Affinity and assist the GM in the overall management of Net Affinity