waterford, Full Time
The role Sous Chef for a super restaurant in Waterford.
Are you current with the latest trends ??
Have you a flair for delivering a high quality standard of food ??
Are you looking for work life balance ?? if so read on
This award-winning restaurant/bar has been operating since 2017 and has grown into a 220-seater casual dining operation that currently operates 5 days per week (Wed-Sun), mainly evenings (our extensive A la Carte menu is offered from 2pm on a Saturday and 1pm on a Sunday);
Group bookings and functions, including smaller weddings, are becoming an increasingly important aspect of the business and continued investment in our premises is geared towards this market;
The kitchen team is anchored by our Executive Head Chef and the Sous Chef role is supported by restaurant senior management, administration and HR, duty management and floor supervisers;
The role involves taking full responsibility for the operations, maintenance and personnel of the kitchen, including:
- Menu planning, design, innovation and delivery;
- Stock & produce order, supplier pricing, etc.;
- Preparation of costed weekly rosters and achievement of agreed budgets, targets and margins;
- To stringently maintain the HACCP system and the highest general health & safety standards;
- Take the lead in ongoing kitchen staff management and training, including assessments and discipline;
- Liaision and communication with management, front of house, administration personnel;
- Participate in online and offline marketing initiatives, including content provision and updates;
- Participate in, and contribute to, weekly management meetings;
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Exceptional management and communication skills, ideally with experience as a Sous Chef – snr chef de partie with adequate experience, attitude and energy will also be considered;
- Experience in staff management and training, and the ability to motivate a young team;
- A calm and organised demeanour and the ability to maintain this demeanour while working under pressure;
- The ability to maintain the highest standards of dish delivery, without exception, especially at peak periods of service;
- To create and maintain a cordial, focussed working environment for all both inside and outside the kitchen.
Assistance can be provided to source suitable accommodation.