Guest Relations Manager
Tullamore, Full Time
Oversee and manage the guest experience in all Front of House departments including Front Desk, Porters, Lobby, Public Areas and Guest Relations. Assume the role of Customer feedback Champion, proactively manage & coordinate all guest feedback on a daily basis, improve the guest experience and boost our online rankings through effective and efficient management of guest surveys.
- Maintain prominent level of visibility and involvement in the hotel operations particularly in the lobby and reception area and be readily available to deal with issues or complaints.
- Ensuring Guest Relations are checking the arrivals list on a daily basis and providing for all guests’ needs, as well as overseeing VIP room preparation, etc.
- Handles guest complaints in a correct and professional manner informing management of positive and negative feedback.
- Ensure that team members are aware of guest feedback comments and they strive at all times to improve on negative opinions.
- Oversee the Guest Relations function in particular from April to Sept managing the arrival and dining plans of tour groups and liaising with the drivers and guides to ensure the customers’ expectations are met.
- Ensuring Guest Relation’s staff converse with guests in the Lobby area checking if they require anything and promoting the facilities on the complex as well as the local area.
- Work closely with the Porters team and Restaurant team regarding group bookings.
- Work closely with the kids Club in relation to coordinating Family requests & bookings
- Ensure that all teams’ members are trained to carry out effective professional service and deliver a warm and friendly welcome.
- Review weekly rosters for Porters, Guest Relations to ensure sufficient coverage in these departments, according to business levels
- Ensure accurate & timely submission of Rosters on Alkimii and general administrative work
- Work with the Front Office Manager to ensure that check-in and out procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Work with the Accommodation Department and Porters to ensure that all Front of House areas are clean, tidy, warm and welcoming at all times.
- Work with the Porters Supervisor and Conference & Banqueting Duty Manager to manage porters roster for any banquets or conferences ensuring level of cover as promised to the client and in line with budgetary constraints.
- Ensure night porters carry out all duties required (Fire and Safety)
- Update accident/incident report file as required.
- Ensure systematic checks of all Front of House areas for maintenance requirements and repairs are carried out, ensuring that these are actioned and followed up.
- Ensure Hotel Entrance is easily accessible to cars, coaches and taxis at all times.
- Maintain high standards of personal and ensures the teams hygiene, grooming and professional appearance at all times.
- Recommend any activities or ideas, concerning Front of House that may improve business opportunities.
- Review and evaluate on a regular basis, guest satisfaction levels with Front of House team, looking at any trends positive or negative that could help the business.
Key Performance Indicators
- Customer satisfaction at all times.
- Excellent and consistent Quality Scores
- Efficient work practices to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative is important for this role.