Front of House Manager
West Dublin, Full Time
Front of House Manager 5* Property
**Please do not apply if you do not have Irish experience**
Front of House Manager to lead, motivate and direct all Front of House personnel in the execution of their duties to maximise operational efficiency.
• To ensure that the highest level of service is provided to all guests and clients of the hotel, when being dealt with by Front of House personnel, to maximise guest satisfaction.
• To effectively monitor and review all department procedures, as laid down in each of the Standards of Performance manuals to maximise efficiency.
• To ensure that an effective structure of communication is in place maintained at all times to ensure that staff is fully informed of all relevant information pertaining to their role. This includes handovers, memos and arranging and preparing staff meetings.
• To manage the guest complaint log and ensure that all guest comments, including complaints, are dealt with in an effective and speedy manner in order to facilitate good guest relations, optimise guest satisfaction, and record outcomes.
• To continually review and promote the training and development of all Front of House personnel, through effective performance reviews and clearly defined skills training. Thus, ensuring that, where opportunities are available, all staff is developed to their potential, and maximising staff retention.
• To be fully conversant with all aspects of company procedures in order to employ and apply when required.
• To lead, develop and empower all staff to identify opportunities and make recommendations for improving efficiency and quality of service.
• To work closely with all the operating departments to maximise service opportunities and thereby increase revenues. This includes arranging and attending meetings with other departments.
• To maintain a close liaison with Reservations and Events to ensure all business is up to date and recorded accurately and all rates / volumes quoted be Front Office staff are within the selling strategy.
• To ensure that all control procedures pertaining to the processing of revenue are adhered to at all times, and any discrepancies are reported to the General / Hotel Manager immediately.
• To participate in sales activities as and when required ensuring Front of House personnel are kept informed of all promotions at the properties.
• To be fully conversant with all legislation in respect of hotel sales, payment of services, registration of guests, data protection and ensure they are complied with at all times.
• To ensure that all standards and legal requirements in respect of health, safety and contingency procedures are complied with at all times. Ensuring appropriate training is carried out and that staff attend in order to conform to legal requirements.
• To maintain appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance and posture of all Front of House employees.
• To ensure that staff performance reviews are completed on time.
• To connect and build rapport with guests at every possible opportunity, building a profile of guest preferences especially meeting and greeting VIPs and regular guests.
• To constantly check all Front Office work areas to ensure cleanliness and tidiness. Reporting and following up any maintenance issues immediately to the Maintenance department.
• To participate in Duty Management so that the hotel is adequately covered and that standards may be assessed on a regular basis.
• To prepare labour forecast reports, rosters weekly/monthly before the deadline. To prepare, publish and review staff rotas on time ensuring sufficient coverage in relation to business levels and special events that may be taking place.
• To process holiday and rota requests to ensure holidays are taken throughout the year, avoiding a build up at the end of the year.
• To ensure all of the team are trained in line with the Standard Operating Procedures of Front of House.
• To ensure training assessments are carried out within 6 months, once initial training levels are completed.
• The proactive and resolution of the guest complaints folder including all follow up with other departments.
• Responsible for the training & development of the team including Interns or MIT roles in the front office areas
• Completion of annual Staff performance reviews and required follow up coaching.
• Proactively managing all rooms revenue including preparation of reports.
FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER