Director of Finance
Dublin, Full Time
Burren Amber are currently recruiting for a Hotel Director of Finance.
**VIP please do not apply for this role if you do not come from a hospitality background**
The successful candidate will manage the day-to-day operation of the Finance office. Primary responsibilities include financial analysis and financial reporting, audit and control programs and asset & liability reconciliation.
- To prepare monthly management accounts in an accurate and timely manner.
- To reconcile the balance sheet and ensure account balances are supported by appropriate documentation.
- To ensure that the P&L is accurate
- Monitor and control all sales revenue streams and ensure integrity of all POS systems.
- To ensure all employees are paid correctly and on time.
- Production, monitoring and updating of all relevant hotel and company cash flow requirements
- Preparation of budgets for the business on an annual basis.
- To assist accounting staff in all facets of their day-to-day operations and to resolve queries where possible in a timely manner.
- To develop the skills and competencies of the accounting staff in all areas of the finance function.
- Oversee control of all purchasing/stock control systems and procedures
- To ensure company compliance on all tax matters and ensure are payments are made on time
- Oversee that all legal and financial policies and procedures are consistently observed and to ensure compliance with the hotel control manual.
- To maintain a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability and manage business risks.
- To advise the General Manager and Group Finance Manager on existing and evolving operating/financial issues.
- To be responsible/accountable for all cash i.e. floats; cash transit procedures, safe/procedures, float spot checks etc.
- Responsible for the collection and control of debtor accounts and to be the guardian of hotel credit policy, monitoring its implementation consistently
- To foster a professional and progressive relationship with suppliers ensuring mutual respect is maintained by promptly ensuring accurate payment of creditors
- To assist in the personal development of relevant management on financial awareness
- To complete miscellaneous projects / tasks set down by the General Manager or Group Finance Manager as required.
- To protect the business from any financial litigation or liability.
- To assist the External Auditor with annual financial audit and prepare adequately for same
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in IT & systems, ability to use software applications and hotel systems
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
- Effective decision-making skills
- Effective conflict and change management skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Basic legal expertise related to hotel issues
- Good presentation and platform skills
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
Education/Certification & Experience
- Previous accounts management role
- Tertiary education in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- At least five (5) years Accounting experience
- Hotel Accounting experience
- Previous Hotel Director of Finance/ Financial Controller role
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualification