Assistant Conference and Banqueting Manager
Roscommon, Full Time
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Conference and Banqueting Manager for our client, a luxurious property in Roscommon.
As part of the Hotel Management team you will be responsible for effectively assisting the managing of the day-to-day operations of the Conference and Banqueting areas of the property. They must also be and have the ability to brief all staff on the events happening within the property. Excellent organization skills are very important to this role.
For this role there is an Accommodation Option available
Duties & Responsibilities:
Meet and greet clients and guests, respond to queries and manage the Banqueting team to ensure the smooth running of functions and weddings.
- Working closely with management team within the hotel
- Carrying out duty management shifts
- Managing and coordinating all special events: compiling and issuing detailed releases and updates to all relevant departments.
- Liaise with Conference Manager to ensure the smooth running of conference and meeting events.
- Work closely with both reservations and sales teams monitoring all diary entries, ensuring maximum yield of hotel.
- Reporting Weekly at sales meeting.
- Daily liaising with Reservations Manager and Sales Manager regarding specific operational issues.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
- Have a working knowledge of all hotel departments
- Come from a strong Hotel Background
- 1-2 Years Prior experience at assistant management level preferred
- Calm under pressure and be able to deal with difficult situations as they arise with excellent problem-solving skills
- Be an ambassador for the property both internally and externally