5* Hotel Manager
Dublin, Full Time
Reporting to and deputising for the General Manager, the Hotel Manager will be tasked with the day-to-day running of the Resort operation but with a specific concentration on ground floor operational departments to include, Front Desk, Accommodation, Kitchen, Bar, Restaurant, C&B, Maintenance, Spa and Health Club.
The role will be charged with leading and motivating the management team of these departments to deliver outstanding levels of service throughout the Resort.
- The primary objectives of the position will be to assist the General Manager in managing, organising and co-coordinating all the operational departments the Resort and ensure the services are processed effectively in line with company standards and meet budgeted forecasts.
- Analyse and manage all guest comments from various channels including ReviewPro and ensure adequate plans and targets in place for each department. Set goals per department for ReviewPro scores expected.
- To provide feedback to the individuals within the direct reports in the form of formal performance appraisal and informal support to help individuals to meet agreed performance targets.
- To ensure a strong focus on training within the Operations departments which supports team development and achieving the high standards of the hotel.
- To ensure that emerging talent is nurtured properly within the Operations team so that future vacancies can be filled from within the hotel.
- Be a pro-active, motivated team player, committed and driven to achieving high standards and departmental goals.
- Submit, discuss and agree proposals and plans in order to improve standards, working conditions, control systems and maximise revenue.
- Liaise and communicate with the General Manager on daily performance of outlets and highlight areas for improvement.
- Deputises for the General Manager in their absence and takes on any additional responsibility which may arise.
- The directing and monitoring of all Resort operations through a team of highly informed Managers and Team Leaders.
- Review weekly revenue, profitability and cash flow reports in line with The Resort reporting standards.
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets and periodic revised forecasts.
- To support the Management team in achieving agreed profitability expectations, whilst maintaining performance standards.
- Encourage and assist in creating a positive relationship between the Front Office and Revenue departments in dictating a revenue strategy.
- To ensure rosters are accurate to business levels and flex according to business demands.
- Participates in public walk-throughs in all operational departments to ensure guest rooms, public space and back of the house areas are well maintained and preventative processes are in place.
- Develops an operational strategy for operational departments that is aligned with the business strategy.
- Works with team to put sustainable work processes and systems in place that support the operational execution of the strategy.
- Ensures direct reports hire, develop, and retain a diverse hourly and management workforce. As well, hires leaders who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity, and entrepreneurial leadership.
- Creates and sustains a work environment that embraces the Resort’s culture, ensures fair and equitable treatment, and employee satisfaction to enable business success.
Leadership/Management Skills People Skills Operations Management Effective Decision Making